Today, I’m sharing my top 5 business tips that have helped the pre and postnatal arm to my business survive and thrive:
- Ask clients to pay upfront – A must when dealing with the client groups I attract. You may have a very successful pay as you go business, and I’d like to say “well done” to you! There will be times though, when numbers on your supposedly busy class will plummet and there goes your profit for the evening. All of my classes are run on a pay upfront basis. Yes, all of them.
- Set firm but fair terms and conditions – If you don’t set terms and conditions or have a clear refund policy, people will use you as their doormat. Harsh but true.
- Passive income stream – If you want to be teaching your classes until you’re 70+, then you might as well skim right on by to the next point here. If, however, you don’t want to teach forever, setting up a successful online business/passive income stream is vital. I love making money whilst I sleep. You can too.
- Build your brand – Get your name and your brand out there. People need to know about you before they buy into you. Simples. Here’s something Theo Paphitis from Dragons’ Den, said to me: “You’re never going to get very far in small business if you’re shy.”. I think there’s a lot of truth in that statement.
- Reward yourself – It’s really important that you reward yourself after all of that hard work otherwise you’ll reach burnout. When was the last time you took time off, just for you? I take quite a lot of leave each year eg 10-12 weeks, and in fact I’m having a sofa day as you’re reading this!
And there you have it! My top 5 tips for working in business.